Are you looking for ways to spruce up your home, but are feeling overwhelmed by the idea of rearranging all of your furniture?
Space planning can be a great way to make the most out of your living space and breathe new life into any room.
With just a few simple tips, you can easily create a more functional and stylish layout in no time.
Read on to get some helpful ideas for how to plan your space like an interior design pro.
Homeowners: Your Space is Shrinking
In Singapore, we are all too familiar with the challenges of living in our small apartments.
From floor space limitations to complex architectural layouts, these constraints can sometimes be stifling.
Now that more households are investing in HDB flats and condos with smaller floor plans, it is up to us to make the most of our space so that we can still make room for fun and relaxation while being mindful of our limited resources.
Adaptability and innovation are the key to making the most out of a cramped urban lifestyle.
Make The Most of Your Space
Space planning can play a crucial role in small HDB and condo units.
It enables you to maximize the limited space that is available, while still keeping the interior design beautiful.
By using space planning methods such as zoning and furniture arrangement, small apartments can be turned into smart and efficient living spaces that perfectly meet all your needs without sacrificing style.
When done right, space planning can make small apartments feel open and organized with minimal effort required.
Considerations for Space Planning
When it comes to small space living, the key to creating a functional and stylish layout lies in careful planning.
With just a few simple steps, you can easily create an interior design that will make the most of your limited space without sacrificing style.
Here are some tips for how to layout your small space like a professional:
1. Measure your space: Start by taking accurate measurements of the room so you can get an idea of how much square footage is available for furniture and other items. Make sure to measure every wall, doorway, window and corner in order to create a realistic plan for how to layout your small space.
2. Utilise wall space: Make use of wall space by installing shelves or cupboards to store items. This will free up floor space and make the room feel larger.
3. Create zones: Zoning is an excellent way to divide a small space into distinct areas for specific activities. For example, you can designate one area for cooking, another for eating, and another for relaxing or entertainment.
4. Consider your lighting: Lighting can make or break a space, so make sure to choose the right types of lighting for different areas in the room. Lighting should be both functional and decorative, as it can help create ambiance and set the tone for each area.
5. Get space saving furniture: Avoid bulky and overly ornate furniture as it will make the room feel cramped and cluttered. Instead, invest in space-saving furniture such as foldable tables and chairs, ottomans with storage, and hidden iron board. This will help maximize the available space while still allowing you to enjoy all the comforts of home.
The Bottom Line
Singapore’s housing landscape is changing, and as homes get smaller it’s important to know how to make the most of your space.
Interior designers are experts at creating functional and beautiful spaces in even the smallest apartments. If you’re considering a Singapore interior design company for your home, we’re more than happy to help.
If you have any other tips or tricks for living large in a small home, please leave us a comment below.